What are the risks related to laser therapy?
Important Safety Information
The NeuroBlate System is a surgical tool used in brain surgery to destroy soft tissue in the brain by heating it up. As with any surgical procedure, the NeuroBlate System involves risks.
Brief Statement of Indications, Contraindications, and Warnings for NeuroBlate:
- The technology is not appropriate for every lesion type and location.
- It may be difficult to use the technology on certain large or irregularly shaped lesions.
- Certain placements of the laser probe into the brain, or too much heat applied, may cause bleeding or permanent brain damage.
- Some patients have temporary swelling after the procedure that may cause short-term abnormal brain or nervous system function.
- Any medical situation, including NeuroBlate, that requires a patient to stay still for long periods can cause dangerous blood clots (deep venous thrombosis).
NeuroBlate is prescribed by your physician. Please talk to your physician to see if it is right for you. Your physician should discuss any potential benefits and limitations with you. Although many patients benefit from the use of NeuroBlate, results may vary. For full prescribing information please visit www.monteris.com.